Welcome to the Website (www.jmi.edu.jo) of Jordan Media Institute ("JMI" or "The Institute"). By accessing and using this Website, you unconditionally agree to be bound by these "Terms and Conditions" and all applicable laws.
Terms and Conditions for Website Use
(1) Electronic Communications
When you use any JMI Service – including its Website, or send e-mails, text messages, and other communications from any device to us, you are communicating with us electronically. You consent to receive communications from us electronically. We will communicate with you electronically in a variety of ways, such as by e-mail, text, or by posting notices and messages on the Institute’s Website. You agree that all agreements, notices, messages, disclosures, and other communications that we provide to you electronically satisfy any legal requirement that such communications be in writing.
All content included in or made available through any JMI Service – such as text, graphics, logos, button icons, images, audio clips, digital downloads, data compilations, and software – is the property of JMI or its content suppliers, and is protected by Jordanian copyrights laws.
In addition, graphics, logos, page headers, button icons, scripts, and service names included in or made available through any JMI Service are trademarks or trade dress of Jordan Media Institute, or its content providers. JMI’s trademarks and trade dress may not be used in connection with any service that is not JMI's, in any manner that is likely to cause confusion among users, or in any manner that disparages or discredits JMI. All other trademarks not owned by JMI that appear in any JMI Service are the property of their respective owners, who may or may not be affiliated with, connected to, or sponsored by JMI.
(4) License and Access
Subject to your compliance with these Terms and Conditions, Jordan Media Institute or its content providers grant you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sub licensable license to access and make personal and non-commercial use of the Institute’s Services and Website. This license does not include any resale or commercial use of any JMI Service or its contents; any collection and use of any product listings, descriptions, or prices; any derivative use of any JMI Service or its contents; any downloading or copying of account information for the benefit of another merchant; or any use of data mining, robots, or similar data-gathering and extraction tools. All rights not expressly granted to you in these Terms and Conditions are reserved and retained to Jordan Media Institute or its licensors, suppliers, publishers, rights holders, or other content providers.
(5) Risks Associated with the Internet
The Website is accessible based on its availability. While Jordan Media Institute makes reasonable efforts to maintain the Website free of errors, interruptions and viruses, the Institute makes no warranties, either express or implied, that the Website will operate without interruption, virus or error or in a secure and timely manner. You will be solely responsible for any damage to your computer or loss of data that may result when downloading material.
(6) Copyright Complaints
Jordan Media Institute respects the intellectual property of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please contact us.
Terms and Conditions for Donation Payments
JMI is a not-for-profit educational institution, it depends on donations to ensure its sustainability. We operate the Website (www.jmi.edu.jo). These are the Terms and Conditions which govern each use you make of the donation payment services provided through the Website.
These Terms and Conditions apply separately to each single donation that you make. By confirming on the Website that you wish to make a donation you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions for that donation.
(1) The Donation Services
We will use your donation at our discretion but within our stated charitable objectives.
All payments through the Website are to be made by payment card. Once you confirm to us through the Website that you wish to proceed with your donation, your transaction will be processed through our payment services provider. By confirming that you wish to proceed with your donation, you authorize our payment services provider to request funds from your credit or debit card provider.
Other accepted methods for donations are:
- By Cheque: Cheques can be made payable to Jordan Media Institute, and sent to Airport Road, behind Ministry of Foreign Affairs and Expatriates, Mouneer Omar Balqar Street, Amman – Jordan.
- Payment by Cash: only if handed to a Jordan Media Institute employee, from whom you will in return receive a receipt.
- Bank Wire Transfer: a transfer can be sent to Jordan Media Institute USD Bank Account: Bank Al Etihad, Account Number (0180203929220101), IBAN (JO51UBSI1110000180203929220101), Swift Code (UBSIJOAXXXX).
(2) Unauthorized Card Use
If you become aware of fraudulent use of your card, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify your card provider.
(3) Information From You
Before we can process a donation you must provide us with (i) your name, address and e-mail address; and (ii) details of the credit or debit card that you wish to use to fund the donation. We will use these information to process your donation. It is your responsibility to ensure you have provided us with the correct information.
When you submit your payment details, these details will be transferred to our payment provider, and your payment data will be collected and processed securely by them. You should make sure that you are aware of the payment provider’s terms and conditions, which are different from our own, to ensure that you are comfortable with how they will process your personal data before you make a donation.
(4) Cancellation Policy
The donor cannot cancel the donation after the payment is made and successfully processed.
(5) Refund Policy
If you have made an error in making your donation, the Institute will examine each case individually and process it in a timely manner. For any inquiries you have about the refund policy, please call 00962 (6) 571 3304/06 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to amend these Terms and Conditions at any time. The latest version of these Terms and Conditions will be made available via our website. These Terms and Conditions are governed by Jordanian law and are subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Jordanian courts. In the event of ambiguity in meaning/interpretation, or a dispute as to the terms herein, the English version shall prevail and take precedence over the Arabic version.
At Jordan Media Institute ("JMI" or "The Institute"), we consider user privacy of information to be all important.
Jordan Media Institute provides a variety of educational and training services.
Collection of Information by Third Parties
Jordan Media Institute is responsible for personal information in its control, including information that may be transferred to a service provider performing services for, or on behalf of, the Institute. The Institute has established these Privacy Guidelines, and procedures and practices, to safeguard such personal information.
- Jordan Media Institute identifies the purposes for which it collects personal information either before or at the time of collection.
- The Institute collects, uses and discloses personal information only with the consent of the individual, or as otherwise allowed by law.
- Consent to the collection, use, or disclosure of personal information may be express or implied, as appropriate. Individuals may withdraw their consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and considerations.
- Jordan Media Institute only collects personal information that is necessary for the purposes identified. Personal information is collected directly from the individual, and may, with consent or as otherwise allowed by law, be collected from other sources.
- Personal information is not, without consent, used or disclosed to a third party for any purpose other than that for which it was collected, unless such use or disclosure is required or allowed by law. This may include use or disclosure in order to protect the Institute’s interests in civil proceedings and in proceedings involving criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation.
- Jordan Media Institute retains personal information only as long as necessary to fulfill the identified purpose or as otherwise required or allowed by law.
- Jordan Media Institute uses reasonable efforts to ensure that personal information is accurate and complete for the purposes for which it is to be used.
- Jordan Media Institute protects the security and confidentiality of personal information with safeguards appropriate to the sensitivity of the information.
- Jordan Media Institute’s Privacy Guidelines are available to the Website users/visitors and the public. Upon written request addressed to Jordan Media Institute, we will provide a copy of these Guidelines, and respond to inquiries about our practices relating to personal information.
- An individual may request to be informed of the existence, use and disclosure of personal information pertaining to him/her. Jordan Media Institute will provide appropriate access to such information that it holds. If the Institute determines not to provide access to personal information, we will provide an explanation. Individuals may request the correction of personal information the Institute holds about them, and if we find that what we have is incorrect, we will correct it.