Steps to apply for the Master’s Program in Journalism and New Media:
- Fill out the application form.
- Pay the application fees and attach a copy of the deposit receipt (bank receipt or bank transfer) with the documents.
- Attach the required documents and papers with the application.
- Submit additional documents and papers required after final acceptance.
(1) Application for enrollment:
Applicants can use one of the following methods:
- Fill out the paper application form and submit it with the required documents at the JMI headquarters.
- Fill out the PDF version and send it by email to the admission and registration office at email@example.com, along with the required documents.
- Fill out the online form (click here) and upload the required documents with the form.
(2) Fees and payment methods:
- The application fees are paid one time only: JD20 for for for all applicants.
- The fees may be paid directly to the JMI account at Al Etihad Bank: Account Number 0180103929215101 for Jordanian dinars and Account Number 0180203929220101 for US dollars.
- Fees may be paid in cash as well, directly at JMI headquarters to the financial department.
- Fees may be paid in the form of a bank transfer to the JMI account. Click here for details on the bank transfer.
(3) Documents and papers to be attached with the application form:
The applicant must attach the following documents when applying initially:
- Personal photo
- Certified copy of the Bachelor’s degree graduation certificate
- Bachelor’s degree transcript
- High school transcript
- Proof of passing the foreign language requirement
- Copy of proof of identity (personal ID for Jordanians and passport for non-Jordanians)
- Receipt indicating payment of the application form fees.
(4) Documents and papers to be submitted upon final acceptance:
Upon the final acceptance, applicants must submit the following documents:
- Jordanian certificates: Certified copy of the Bachelor’s degree graduation certificate and transcript from the Ministry of Higher Education.
- Non-Jordanian certificates:
- For Jordanians: In addition to point (1), an equivalence memorandum for the Bachelor’s degree is required from the Jordanian Ministry of Higher Education.
- For non-Jordanians: In addition to point (1), a memorandum is required from the applicant’s embassy indicating that his/her university is recognized by the Ministry of Higher Education in his/her country.
- Certified copy of the high school transcript (or its equivalent) from the Jordanian Ministry of Education.
- Proof of passing the foreign language requirement.
- Two academic or professional recommendations. Click here to download the recommendation letter form.
- Certified copy of personal ID for Jordanians.
- Certified birth certificate copy for Jordanians.
- Certified passport copy for non-Jordanians.
- Four personal photos.
- Samples of former journalistic work – if any (minimum of three samples).
(5) Important notes:
- Application forms are not considered complete until all the listed admission conditions are fulfilled and all the required certified documents are attached. JMI will reject incomplete applications without refunding the application fees.
- JMI receives applications to determine applicants’ eligibility for the MA program and compliance with conditions according to their performance in the written tests and interviews. This should not be considered as acceptance of the applicant into the MA program.
- JMI is entitled to reject applications without providing any justification.
- Fees are not refundable, whatever the reason.