Main Objective of the Center
To support and promote the dissemination of skills and competencies of Media and Information Literacy among citizens, especially youth, in order to help them access, analyze, consume and produce media responsibly, ethically and positively.
- Develop the skills of citizens, especially children and youth, in dealing with media and sources of information.
- Empower and protect individuals from the risks unprofessional use of media and inappropriate content such as hate speech and content advocating extremism, violence and terrorism.
- Strengthen the capacity of young people to produce digital content and participate positively in their communities.
- Empower citizens, especially youth, with freedom of expression, critical thinking, creativity and innovation.
The Media and Information Center works in the following areas:
- Develop MIL curricula and training manuals.
- Organize training programs for young people on MIL and combating extremism.
- Conduct public opinion and periodic surveys on the state of media literacy.
- Disseminate the competencies and skills of MIL in academic and youth institutions.
Practical training and knowledge includes three areas:
- Understanding new media and communication.
- News literacy.
- Digital literacy.